Wednesday, December 20, 2006

ahem ahem AMEN!!!!

Another good morning in my life. Week day. Have to get up, go for a walk in the cold decembber winter to grap a cup of coffee, come back, take turns with ski to take control of the bathroom to do the daily duties, find clothes to wear and hit the road to dodge traffic and get to work. This is how most of my week day mornings are... and thats how today was... well almost....

I had won the battle and had got an unopposed control over the bathroom. So i am done with my bath and i am walking around in the house after a nice hot bath with just a towel in my house when i hear a knock on the door. Thats the most uncommon thing that could happen at the place i stay. I go and open the door to see 2 people, in their early 50s, dressed in proper formals with tie and all that jazz. Thts the second most uncommon thing that has happened today. The average age of a person who enters my house is 24.

I am kind taken aback, excuse myself, go inside, get into the first track and T i find and went out there to face them. All this while, whats running in my head is, Oh god what have i done... which neighbour is it who has come to complain.... or did some one mess around with some one and i have become a victim of mistaken identity... or.... and things like that. I go out and he shakes my hand and then what followed was one of the wierdest conversations i have had with such an old man at that time of the day with an unintoxicated body...

He: Hi my name is ******.

Me: Hello Sir, I am Tejas

He: We are from a group called ********. We are here to spread the word of justice. Do you think the justice we are as people are getting is right?

Me: Sorry... What do you mean (What the hell is this guy talkin suddenly on something strange)

He: Say for example, does it make sense that the recent Jasica Lal case. Do you think that is fair? Do you think that is justice? Should that guy have not been behind bars much much earlier. The justice system is not right. So our group are out there trying to spread awareness about this justice system. What do you think sir, do you think the justice we are having is right?

Me: I dont know. I think its alright. Actually it does not make any sense that someone is going behind bars years after committing a crime. And i am thinking, dude let me go... i still have to get dressed and get to work... i am already freaking late...

He: Now think about Hitlor and such people who have done so much to destroy mankind. These kind of ...

Me: Hitler? So what, he was a dictator. He has done so much good for the society. How can someone just say that he as done bad and make him a anagonist. What about what all he has done for humanity

He: Well what i am saying is that such people have no right to destroy the creation of god.

Me: WOH!!! WOH!!! Where did God come into all this? Boss, i know where this is going... not the right way to start a morning... All this is nice to talk when i am high on a couple of drinks... Not a way to start of a long day ahead. GOD!!!! This was some freak who was spreading christanity. Today will be one hell of a day!!!

At this point he fishes out a book from his bag. Just as i had guessed, it was the holy bible. He flips to some page and reads out something for me. I could hear the word justice in what he read. Thats all that there was to it.

He: God says that justice should be this and justice should be that and like this and like that(I really dont remember what exactly he said but it was something on those lines).

Me: Where did god come into this? What do you mean when you say god?

He: Ok let me make one thing clear. Do you beleive in god?

Me: No

He: NO???

Me: no.

He: Dont you beleive that there is some one controlling something everything that is happening?

Me: Why should i beleive that? Is'nt that wrong? That you are letting something unknown control you. Giving the credit of creation to some unknown thing.

He: Actually science ends at some point of time. Most scientists beleive that one point their explaination ends and from then something else takes over. The all beleive that there is God, in what ever form it is. There are rules for everything, like say the atoms or electrons or nuclear physics or everything. Infact the human brain, which is like the most complicated creation existing. The complex rules that take place in its funcioning are all creations of god. Dont you think so?

Me: Just because the explaination has not come, does not mean you blame it on God.

He: Blame it on god?? (laughs) I have never heard anyone say that. (At this point he takes out a book out of his bag. The title reads "Who is the Creator?") I have a little something for you. Its a book that i think you should read. It will probabally put some right sense into your head.

Me: Book? This is going to make me beleive in god is it? There are hundreds of books which talk about god in all its forms. Infact i have on right here(and i find "The tao of physics") which has a different view of life et all. May be you should read this.

He: Humm this is interesting. May be ill buy myself a copy of this book. But i think you should come to one of our meetings. Or may be you and i can meet in person and i will convince you into the existance of god.

Me: He he he given the time, ill probabally convince you into thinking that you are wrong and that actually god does not exist. For me to probabally to beleive in what you are saying, it needs a miracle or something

He: Humm that would be interesting. I have never gotten to talk to someone who has made me feel this way. But still, if you ever change your mind, and if a miracle does happen, you can always come to me and ill show you the way to reach god

Me: I doubt that will happen. And just in case you would want a different way to look at life, you know where i stay. Drop in anytime.

He: Thanks so much for your time Tejas. It was really nice talking to you.

Me: I hope i didnt ruin your day.


I closed the door, rushed inside to find myself a clean pair of trousers and shirt and ripped my way to office. What a strange begining to the day

2 comments:

micromysore said...

Bangalore has the largest church of their type :P ..
no wonder people knock your doors these days :P

Anonymous said...

ohhhh goodness!!! i could literally see the conversation running in front of me. You brought out so well, true entertainer that you are! i wish to be standing next to you one of those days when you see this guy on the streets. that'll b so much fun! i laughed my stomach out really dude!